20 Renovation Regrets | INTERIOR IEDAS
Top 20 Renovation Regrets from a Singaporean HDB BTO 4-Room Home Makeover
Introduction: 20 Renovation Regrets
- Begin with a brief introduction about home renovations, emphasizing the context of Singapore’s HDB BTO (Build-To-Order) 4-room flats.
- Mention the aim of the post is to share real-life experiences to help others avoid common renovation mistakes.
Understanding Your Needs and Budget: 20 Renovation Regrets
- Start with the importance of planning and budgeting.
- Discuss how the homeowners wished they had been more meticulous in discussing tiling works and selecting materials.
- Include the regret of not opting for bigger format tiles for symmetry.
Attention to Detail in Finishing
- Focus on the importance of details like mitred edges in tiling and the use of metallic trimmings for a refined look.
- Mention how overlooking small details can lead to dissatisfaction with the final look.
Material Selection and Long-Term Maintenance
- Discuss the choice of materials like vinyl flooring and the issues faced.
- Share the regret of not choosing more durable materials that require less maintenance.
Maximizing Space and Functionality: 20 Renovation Regrets
- Talk about the importance of utilizing every inch of space, especially in small homes.
- Include the example of the unused space in the walk-in wardrobe and the regret of not installing a Murphy bed in the study room.
Lighting and Electrical Considerations
- Highlight the need for careful planning in electrical and lighting setups, using the example of the cove ceilings and the challenges with sockets.
Smart Home Integration
- Discuss the integration of smart home features and the regrets related to choosing certain products.
- Mention the issues with the KDK Airy ceiling fans as an example.
Bathroom Design and Functionality
- Address the importance of bathroom design, focusing on vanity height and tiling.
- Share the experience of the height mismatch and the challenges with epoxy grouting.
The Biggest Reno Regrets
- Tease the audience about the topmost renovation regret, encouraging them to stay tuned for more insights.